13 September 2020

Racism


I must have been not even a young teenager when I experienced racism.

I am white and my roots are in Sicily south Italy.


I remember that day I was in the tram and the windows were damped because it was raining. There was a very young boy in front of me about 2 meters away from me.


I caught him starring at me. I looked back at him. He looked straight into my eyes and then started drawing the Nazi swastika on the window next to him. And he look at me with disgusted look on his face while he was still fixing me.


Over 30 years later I still remember that encounter vividly. I can only imagine what people of another skin complexion go through and the horrible memories they might have.


I believe to solve the issue of racism, we need to keep the conversation going. Based on mutual love and respect.


If you refuse to keep the conversation flowing, you are not helping to let the progress that leads to the solution flow.


It’s not a humble attitude to refuse to talk about it, no matter what your skin complexion is. Peace out people. 


One race: HUMAN RACE.


Always Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Power Of Walking Away